8 Fool-Proof Strategies for ripping Unbound 200!
Did you beat the lottery and get into Unbound 200? Hot dog! I’m happy for you, really! The hardest part of finishing Unbound 200 is getting into the damn thing!
Now that you got into Unbound, you have a whole new set of problems. Off the top of my head, I’d guess they’re something like:
“How the hell am I going to finish Unbound 200 when I have…”
- Limited time?
- Never rode more than 150 miles?
- Zero plan for dealing with the June heat in Kansas?
- The best race tactic is to go as hard as possible until I explode?
- Don’t know how to avoid bonking.
- Self-limiting beliefs?
- The bike handling abilities of a giraffe?
- Need coaching advice without pulling from my 401k to pay for it.
Are any of those concerns on the money?
Yeah, I see you.
Look - I've spent time in a Kansas Ditch.
My first time doing Unbound 200, I made every mistake in the book.
Despite my best efforts, I still finished.
And when I crossed the line, I realized I could put on a clinic for all the things NOT to do at Unbound 200.
The way I see it, I made all those mistakes so you don’t have to.
- Getting the fittest you’ve ever been training less than 10 hours a week on average.
- Getting so fit, mile 175 feels like mile 25.
- Not getting so dehydrated you can’t eat.
- Racing smart and finishing way up on the results list.
- Nailing your on-the-bike nutrition so you don’t want to curl up in a ditch.
- Having a productive inner dialogue so you don’t sabotage your performance.
- Getting by the tricky Flint Hill jeep trails with ease.
- Getting replies from someone who wants you to kick ass.
Sound neat?! Then grab yourself a copy of...
This training plan is great for you if:
- You have a life.
- Are short on time.
- What to train the least for maximum effect.
- Are a beginner/intermediate rider. ✅
- Like asking questions. ✅